If you want to do something exceptional on surfaces in your building, you need the best pressure washer model. Its ability to deliver a high-pressure stream of water enables it to remove the toughest stain on concrete or walkways. The versatility and effectiveness in getting the job done make it a must-have for every home. But how do you identify the best one for cleaning surfaces in your home?
This guide will help you make the right purchasing decision. Here is what you should know:
- Understand and Compare Pressure washer Terminologies
It can’t be easy selecting a high standard pressure washer without familiarizing yourself with one or two terms. Knowing a few terminologies enables you to make a proper comparison. That way, you can choose the pressure washer that suits your surface washing needs. Pressure washer terms you should know include gallons per minute (GPM), pounds per square inch (PSI), cleaning units (CU), and water temperature (WT)
- Gallons Per Minute – GPM measures the water flow required to wash a surface area per minute. A pressure washer with a higher GPM rating washes better than the one with a lower rating.
- Power per Square Inch – PSI measures the water pressure required to remove stains on surfaces. It works with a chemical bond, which aids stain removal, depending on its strength.
- Cleaning Units – CS measures the speed at which the pressure washer can remove stains. The more water it can contain, the faster it can get the job done. A cleaning unit is a power per square inch multiplied by gallons per minute.
- Water Temperature – This is the ability to choose between hot or warm water during the cleaning process. However, it is crucial to understand surface material before opting for hot water for washing. The standard for most washers is unheated water.
- Electric or Gas-Powered Pressure Washers
People are always curious to know the better pressure washer between electric-powered and gas-powered. The truth is both are perfect for cleaning. What should determine the one you should buy is your preference and budget. Both have different features, which can form the basis of your selection criteria.
- Electric Pressure Washer Features – The electric model is easy to use and relatively lighter. Also, it is movable from one location to another, and it doesn’t make noise when working.
- Gas Pressure Washer – Although heavy, it is more powerful at all levels. Also, it has a longer shelf life than other types. Its mobility feature makes it usable anywhere for any project type.
Types of Pressure Washer
You can get a pressure washer depending on your needs. There are homeowners pressure washers for people who want to clean themselves. For those who wish for sophisticated equipment, semi-pro pressure washers are a step up to the consumer model with additional features. Also, for the experts, commercial-grade pressure washers can help you achieve desirable results.
You don’t have to go through a difficult path to get surfaces cleaned. A pressure washer does the job better. Due to the differences in our needs, it is essential to buy according to preferences. If you need assistance, Brunner Tool and Repair is a pressure washer sales and maintenance expert you can rely on. Give us a call today or fill out our online contact form!